On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Simon Horman wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 09:41:52AM +0200, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Simon Horman wrote:

[snip]

> > > +irqreturn_t tmio_mmc_irq(int irq, void *devid)
> > > +{
> > > + struct tmio_mmc_host *host = devid;
> > > + unsigned int ireg, status;
> > > +
> > > + pr_debug("MMC IRQ begin\n");
> > > +
> > > + tmio_mmc_card_irq_status(host, &ireg, &status);
> > > + __tmio_mmc_card_detect_irq(host, ireg, status);
> >
> > Same here - I would return, if a card hot-plug event occurred.
>
> Will do.
>
> > > + __tmio_mmc_sdcard_irq(host, ireg, status);
> >
> > Ditto
> >
> > > +
> > > + tmio_mmc_sdio_irq(irq, devid);
> >
> > Any specific reason, why you now process SDIO IRQs last?
>
> I believe this is in keeping with the ordering implied by original code.

I believe it's not. The original version did SDIO first, then hotplug,
then normal IO. I'm not necessarily saying, that the original code was
correct or better, I'm just saying, it was different. As for which one we
should prefer... I think, I'd check for hotplug first: if the card is
removed, no reason to try to communicate with it. And we have to first
report a new card, before reporting any IRQs from it. But then - IO or
SDIO as second? Well, since SDIO IRQs are asynchronous, it shouldn't be a
big problem for them to wait a bit, whereas normal IO IRQs are card's
response to host's actions, so, the originator might want to know the
result before processing any asynchronous events. So, I actually like your
ordering better... But I'll give it a short spin with SDIO, unless you do
it yourself.

Thanks
Guennadi
---