2011/10/20 Andrei Warkentin <awarken...@vmware.com>:
> [...]
Yes, you are right.  I meant blk_end_request.

>> after  let's
>> say every 10 transfers (with each transfer being 128 blocks).  I
>> noticed that I did not see those big busy wait times as frequently as
>> compared to calling blk_end_request after every 128 block was
>> transferred.  Why is that happening?
>
> So you did 10 back-to-back 64k transfers inside the request handling routine,
> and you noticed that caused a smaller GC delay
> rather than doing 10 separate multiblock 64k transfers the normal way?
That's right.  Even though the request is supposed to service only
64k, I sent 10 write commands each with 64k and then completed the
request (within the loop that takes care of the read/writes in
block.c) with the same data.

So, instead of calling blk_end_request just after one write, I call
blk_end_request after 10 writes.