On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, Magnus Damm wrote:

> > > Sorry for my ignorance, is ~400kHz desirable for some reason?
> >
> > The 400kHz frequency is used during initialization of the SD card.
> > Simply put, the SD frequency starts low out low and is then changed to
> > something higher depending on the capability of the memory card and
> > the host controller. Please have a look at the simplified SD
> > specification for more details.
>
> I see, so, we want something like
>
>       shift = fls(host->clk / 400000 - 1);
>       mmc->f_min = host->clk >> shift;
>
> eventually with some rounding, depending on our preferences.

As you see in the email header, that last email was sent about 24 hours
ago, it just got stuck on my mail server due to some local problem...
After the recent discussions on this topic, this mail is outdated and
should be disregarded. I certainly agree to using clk / 512
unconditionally for all host frequencies, which also was my original
suggestion in

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.mmc/13556

Thanks
Guennadi