My SD card reader which worked fine with kernel 3.5 stopped working with kernel
3.6 and 3.7. It is a "SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822
SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 22)", PCI-ID 0e:06.1

I finally noticed messages like "mmc0: Hardware doesn't report any support
voltages." so I tried disabling CONFIG_REGULATOR in kernel config which solved
the issue.

Maybe this is also of interest to others. Feel free to contact me if you need
more details.