Am 18.09.2013 17:17, schrieb Stephen Warren:
On 09/17/2013 12:04 PM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
Hi Dirk,

I have adapted your patch at:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-July/111022.html

and tested it on 3.12-rc1 on a mx6qsabresd board.

Do you have plans to submit it? Maybe as a RFC?

It solves the mmcblkX order issue on my tests and it would be nice we
could have this problem addressed.

Patches to make mmc block devices have static names have been proposed
in the past and rejected. I think the main reason is that the block
device names are (or can be) dynamic, so anything that assumes a
particular naming scheme is simply broken.

The correct solution is to use e.g. root=UUID=xxx or root=PARTUUID=xxx,
or similar techniques for other filesystems (e.g. /etc/fstab)

To my understanding this doesn't work if you need to have your rootfs on a SD card/eMMC with different UUIDs on each board (SD card/eMMC)?

Best regards

Dirk