On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 11:47 PM, Mark Brown <broo...@kernel.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 04:28:39PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> r8a7791/Koelsch fails to resume from s2ram with
>
>>     CONFIG_REGULATOR_FIXED_VOLTAGE=y
>>     CONFIG_REGULATOR_GPIO=y
>>     CONFIG_MMC_SDHI=y
>
>> Disabling CONFIG_REGULATOR_FIXED_VOLTAGE or CONFIG_MMC_SDHI,
>> or both, fixes resume.
>
>> Note that SDHI on r8a7791 uses both regulator-fixed and regulator-gpio.
>> However, CONFIG_REGULATOR_GPIO doesn't seem to have any impact
>> on the resume failure, it resumes fine with CONFIG_REGULATOR_GPIO=y.
>
>> Anyone with a clue?
>
> No idea, I expect it's some bug in the board description - both that
> regulator driver and that MMC driver should be very well tested.  Given
> the lack of traces are you sure that the system is actually suspending
> successfully and not just crashing?  First guess would be that the
> regulator is being powered off on suspend and the hardware is trying to
> boot from a powered off device on resume but that really is just a guess.

It's not a regulator issue.

Further investigation showed that he system locks up when suspending,
as the SDHI driver's tmio_mmc_host_suspend() accesses the SDHI registers
while the SDHI module clock is disabled.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- ge...@linux-m68k.org