> On Thursday 04 September 2014 12:06:41 Jean-Michel Hautbois wrote:
>> And that will not work because card->cid.manfid is not yet defined
>> when __mmc_switch() is called.
>> The patch works, but now I need to have it SANDISK dependent.
>>

> Ok, I see. Then just use msleep() here.
>
>         Arnd

Well, in fact, in dirvers/mmc/core/mmc.c :
card->cid.manfid    = UNSTUFF_BITS(resp, 120, 8);

It gets 0x45 on my eMMC  but SANDISK datasheet says 0x02.
And in __mmc_switch, it is set, but to 0x45 which is not tested
correctly against CID_MANFID_SANDISK which is set to 0x2.

So maybe some sandisk have MID at 0x2 and some others have something else ?

JM