We are having an issue with 3.18 on an OMAP3517 and a TI WL1271
Wifi SDIO card attached to an hsmmc port. The module is powered
from the main 3.3/1.8V supply rails so cannot be powered down.

The wifi driver is built as a module, and when the module is
unloaded and then reloaded the driver attach fails. The issue
is sdio_bus_probe() calls the sdio_set_block_size(, func, 0)
which fails with -110 (ETIMEDOUT) on the second load.

Is it possible we need to either ignore the error, or try and
re-set the function when either the driver un-binds / if the
first sdio_set_block_size(, func, 0) call happens?

Currently we ignore the error and the wifi driver seems to be
working with the device. If there is a better fix then we would
like to know so it can be fixed properly up-stream.

--
Ben Dooks                               http://www.codethink.co.uk/
Senior Engineer                         Codethink - Providing Genius