Hello Ritesh Harjani,

Thanks for the info Ritesh, I'll try out your pointer to mmc trace events next time i run into eMMC issue

In the current case, I found out that in case of file deletion, only the file's metadata(such as entry in inode table, inode_bitmap and other filesystem parameters) is freed and it won't invoke the ERASE command seq explicitly(atleast in case of EXT4 it doesn't send ERASE CMD). I think only in case of formatting(mkfs) of the partition or the whole eMMC, ERASE command is issued.

Thanks
Sheetal