Hi, Stas,

For Doom and the like it should be easy to incorporate a workaround into
DosEmu (it's tougher to do in WinNT because NT's NTVDM.EXE does not expose a
proper interface for what is needed, but anyway).  If interrupts have been
disabled for more than a certain amount of time (easy to detect from within
the emulated IRQ0 generator, maybe coupled with the CLI/STI trap handler),
DosEmu could force the enabling of interrupts.  Then Doom should then get
past the "Initializing timer..." lockup and work properly.  Can someone test
that?

Thx, Vlad.