* At 2002-06-27T02:24+0400, Stas Sergeev wrote:
:
| Most progs must work well but not the ones that uses DMA regs for
| synchronisation instead of SB interrupts. The problem is that for
| speed-up purposes dosemu does DMA transferrs by a large blocks rather
| than by single bytes, as a real DMAC does. This confuses such progs.

It's not a problem, really.  I can hear what I need ok.

| Use Linux ports of Doom instead.  One of such ports called "prboom"
| have much better graphics than an original one, so there is really no
| reason to use dosemu for running doom anymore.

Well.  Let me paste what I wrote to another guy that brought this point
up in a private mail:

  There are reasons why one would want to run the original.  All the
  ports are based on the released source from id, which they called
  1.10, whileas the de facto last standard normal version was 1.9.
  There are differences between these, though some ports have ironed
  most of them out.  More importantly, if you're a hardcore doomer,
  you'll have a hard time getting satisfied with the mouse feeling in
  any of the ports, as the DOS mouse driver based original is hard to
  mimic.  Last but not least, things like COMPET-N¹ _require_ you to use
  the original 1.9 doom2.exe in order to submit demos, for a bunch of
  reasons.  The only source port that is (mostly) demo-compatible with
  the original is PrBoom, but it is not perfect, and certainly has some
  differences from the original in the feel of the controls.

  ¹ http://competn.cjb.net/

Anyway, I'm satisfied, so thanks again. :)  Btw, will these patches make
it into the distribution in the future, or will I have to keep applying
them?

--
Stian Sletner