Bart Oldeman schrieb:

> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Oliver Ob wrote:
>
> > Let me introduce you to the general scenario. I have been running
> > PC BOARD 15.22 under Dosemu 0.67 - where lredir yet worked as it
> > should, nowadays, as I can hurtingly see from my first test, you
> > are no longer allowed to boot from a physical dos partition,
> > which is mounted into Linux tree AND redirect it back to DOS
> > access - Bart, is that really a feature?
>
> yes, and it has been true since dosemu pre0.53.55. DOSEMU 0.67 and
> 1.1.3 behave exactly the same in this respect: they refuse to use direct
> partition access if the partition is already mounted.
iO I am now building this back from scratch.
ie I use the default dosemu.conf with a physical 64 MB drive
for c: dos to boot.
No more hdimage.
come back to that later.

now, i redirected drives into /var/lib/dosemu/drives
all works fine. i do no longer need lredir!

but: how can I made the charsets to look like original dos?
the "I" chars which are used to build windows look strange.
also, ansi grafix are more than ugly now.

> Nothing different from what it was. 900k conventional RAM is impossible
> now and as it used to be because the video RAM starts at 640K (or 736k
> if you don't need graphics). Beyond that there is between 64k and 192k
> space for UMBs, depending on whether you have an EMS page frame, use
> graphics, ...

There HAS been an option to at least assign those 736kb to an
application that runs console (non-gfx!) only.
so how can I use so much ram?
(for my isdn drivers....)

> Probably no need for a RAM disk: the Linux caching mechanisms are quite
> good.

wouldnt that speed up the system again?
imagine: i got FIVE dosemu tasks.

> That's the whole point of lredir. You can boot from and see any Linux
> directory from DOSEMU.
thanks it works fine.

--
I       http://www.bmw-roadster.de/Friends/Olli/olli.html       I