Stas Sergeev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I agree:(
> The only good thing here is that the amount of progs that works on
> 486 but not on 386 is very minor...

But how annoying when you run into one :-).

> Currently the "BUG" cannot be removed.  Just set the $_cpu=(80486)
> and try to run FoxPro after removing the "BUG" from dpmi.c and
> sigsegv.c (there are 3 places where the AC gets cleared) and it will
> crash.

Couldn't you just tell people to use $_cpu=(80386) as a workaround?
That would have the side-effect of protecting the AC bit, wouldn't it?

Or, if that is too extreme, you could have a configuration option to
specifically protect those bits.

> Furthermore somehow it happens that if the signal was received while
> AC is set, dosemu itself executes with AC set and crashs somewhere
> in glibc functions due to exception 0x11.

Is that not a bug in the emulator design?  I mean, shouldn't *all* of
the emulator's state be isolated from the emulated machine's?

I am sorry for asking so many stupid questions; I do not fully
understand the vm86 design (yet).

> If you can find the roots of the problem, the "BUG" will be removed,
> thats for sure...  My guess is that the problem is somewhere in the
> kernel/vm86() because when CPU-emu is used, the "BUG" doesn't
> occure.

I am not sure I have time to debug FoxPro...  But I do have time to
create a patch to allow people to enable the BUG: code from
dosemu.conf.  Would you accept such a patch?

 - Pat