Hi all,

We recently needed to use DOSEMU to provide access to a legacy
application, System 505 (a DOS database frontend). It worked very well
except for one small problem: our UK keyboards were not fully supported.
It seems that when DOSEMU is using slang as the user interface, the
keyboard layout is hardcoded to US and cannot be changed.

We made a quick hack for the most important key, the pound sign, which
I've attached in case it's useful to anyone. Strangely, slang returns a
character code of 163 when this key is pressed, although the keymap and
fonts suggest that it should be 156. I had to kludge this character code,
since I'm not familiar with Slang and was in rather a hurry.

Are there any plans to introduce proper keyboard layout support under
slang? And does anyone have any ideas why we're seeing the wrong character
code for the pound sign?

Cheers, Chris.
--
 / __// / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson -- UNIX Firewall Lead Developer |