I had similar problems when I started using dosemu/FreeDOS. I was
advised by Bart Oldeman to use kernel 2026a because prior versions
didn't handle locking for networked drives. By now, I think 2026b is
out.

So you would have to download the kernel from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5109, extract, and
simply copy it over your existing kernel.sys.

I hope this helps.

Oscar

--
Oscar A. Valdez