Hi Newsgroup,

for developing software which has to run under dos with the Phar Lap dos
extender I use the Phar Lap 386asm V8.0. I currently run it under vmware
but would like to run it under dosemu because of some unresolved sharing
problems. I know that dosemu and Phar Lap are incompatible in some way, but
do not understand why the command
386asm -nolist sbhd1.asm
assembles two times and crashes on the third run as, IMHO, it should either
run as often as I want to run it or crash dosemu the first time it is run.
The error message is

386|ASM: 8.0 -- Copyright (C) 1986-95 Phar Lap Software, Inc.
/usr/bin/dosemu: line 327:  3287 Speicherzugriffsfehler
$DOSEMU_BIN_PATH/bin/dosemu.bin $XFLAG --Flibdir $BOOT_DIR_PATH/conf
--Fimagedir $BOOT_DIR_PATH -f $BOOT_DIR_PATH/conf/dosemurc $OPT_I $STRING_I
-O $@ 2>$BOOT_DIR_PATH/boot.log
esw44@esw44:~>

Speicherzugriffsfehler means some kind of memory access error.
I am running Suse Linux 8.1 and dosemu 1.0.2.0 with Freedos (but the problem
also occured under previous Linux versions).

Any help would be appreciated

Arno