Hi there,

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, [iso-8859-1] Madhumohan MuthuKrishnan wrote:

> I am using redhat linux version 8.0
> I am a novice at linux

It'll get easier, I promise... :)

> I installed dosemu 1.1.5
> [snip]
> No errors were seen during installation

That's good.

> I am getting the following error when i run dosemu
> [snip]
> Note that DOS needs 25 lines.

Are you using X?  If so all you have to do is make the window bigger,
by one character I'd guess.

> ERROR: Unknown vnet mode o

No idea what this is about, not sure if it's important.

> /var/lib/dosemu/hdimage.first doesn't exist.

DOSEMU doesn't provide DOS itself, so you need an image of a DOS
system somewhere in your system in order for DOSEMU to be able to
boot it.  You just have to put that image somewhere, then tell
DOSEMU where it is by editing one of the configuration files.
Check the DOSEMU documentation for how to do it.  You might find
it a little confusing if you're new to Linux (I found it a little
confusing and I'm not new:) but it is there.

73,
Ged.