Hi!

I have to set up a dosemu environment for a clipper 5.3 program, using the DOS/16M dos extender. The problem is that the program can't use the memory above 1 MB. According to the docs, the program SHOULD use DPMI, and the logs show that it is actually doing some DPMI calls (GetFreeMem, Alloc, etc), but it is not using as much memory as DPMI offers.

Here are my memory settings:

$_xms = (16384)         # in Kbyte
$_ems = (off)           # in Kbyte (couldn't make the program use it)
$_ems_frame = (0xE000)
$_dpmi = (16384)        # in Kbyte
$_dosmem = (640)        # in Kbyte, <= 640

I have a simple Clipper program that displays the memory available to the program (251k gzippped), I can email to anyone willing to debug a little.

Other programs using DPMI (like Turbo Pascal 7.0's tpx.exe) are seeing and using correctly all DPMI memory available.

My system configuration:

Celeron 366, 128 MB RAM, ~100 MB swap
Debian 3.0r1
dosemu 1.1.5, compiled from sources