I've been reading the IPX/SPX incoming "conversations".

Something to keep as a background thought:
        I've been running packet passing in "real" MSDOS for over
a decade with virtually no problems. Any that do occur have been
tracked to other end - so far.
        Also - all attempts to run non-packet passing interfaces
in "real" MSDOS have lead to numerous and continuous problems.
        MSDOS is interrupt driven. Thus - less interrupts in the
chain the less chance MSDOS has to trip over itself.

I know this does not help directly in solving anything but it does
lend support to why Stas Sergeev makes the comment:
.
.
... (using IPX via the packet driver is
now faster than via native IPX support), ...
.
.
to Reinhard Karcher.

Kind-of a case where Linux and MSDOS prefer packet passing, and
working with, rather than against, gets better results.

So much for my 2 cents worth.

Steve Turner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]