Hi all!

I downloaded the file dosemu-1.1.99.1-1.i386.rpm form
dosemu.sourceforge.net/stable for testing and tried to install it. The
installation with rpm -i installed the files, but then failed. The conversion
of the .rpm to .deb with alien failed without comment.

The installed files from the rpm-package have links to
/usr/share/dosemu/freedos/kernel.sys, but the file is missing. The same is
true for the directory /usr/share/dosemu/freedos/dosemu (all files are
missing for instance cdrom.sys, dosdbg.com, system.com, unix.com, xmode.com,
ems.sys, exitemu.com etc.) so that a new user will not get a sensible DOS
emulation started.

Another mistake: if you change prefix = /usr/local to prefix = /usr in
compiletime-settings and compile dosemu, nevertheless 'make install' will
install the files in /usr/local/*.

I would like to build a .deb-package and later an .rpm-package, if you could
tell me, which dependencies must be observed. Kernel version >= ?, libc >= ?,
XFree86 >= ?.

cu

Claudia