Kevin Noseworthy - Specialty Software wrote:
In dosemu.conf set
$_printer = "lp1 lp2 ..."
where lp1, etc. are the names of your Linux printers
$_printer _command = "lpr" As per the notes with CUPS you may have to use "lpr -l"
you may also wish to adjust the $_printer_timeout = (5)

From within DOS the first printer port is either prn: or lpt1:, the second and third are lpt2: and lpt3:
Issuing a dir>lpt2: should produce a print job on the Linux printer lp2.

Hope this solves your problem!

Kevin and Claudia,

   Thanks for your responses.

I've tried setting things up as suggested above, but it's not working for me yet.

1) Contents of my modified /etc/dosemu.conf

$_printer = "lp1"

(also tried lpt1)

$_printer_command = "lpr -l"

(also tried lpr and just lp)

$_printer_timeout = (5)

2) From within Linux (as root) I can print as such:

Gentoo2 etc # lp dosemu.conf
request id is HP-224 (1 file(s))

Gentoo2 etc # lpr dosemu.conf

Both methods produce identical GOOD output.

Gentoo2 etc # lpr -l dosemu.conf

produces BAD output.

3) Most attempts in dosemu however produce no response and no printed file, or the following error message:

C:\>dir>lpt1:

C:\>lpr: unable to print file: client-error-not-found

I've tried a bunch of modifications to the suggested 3 lines in /etc/dosemu.conf but so far no lock. Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

thanks,
Mark