Hello.

Per von Zweigbergk wrote:
Dosemu monopolising the network card as well as the hard drive will not be a problem, since the only thing needing those resources would be Ghost itself, which runs under Dosemu.
Wouldn't it be better to just stop using
linux and install only DOS then? Why do
you need linux and dosemu that is monopolizing
everything and merely turn yours linux box into
a DOS box?

So, as I see it there are no theoretical reasons why this won't work.
I wouldn't take that lightly what Bart said.
Dosemu allows the progs to use protected mode
only via DPMI, which can't be expected from
Ghost. Now the question is: does the Ghost
use protected mode? If the answer is "yes",
then you are in a deep troubles.

First of all, where can I find the DOS side of the packet driver? As I've understood it, there needs to be a EXE on the DOS side containing a packet driver for the particular network card.
No. $_pktdriver=(on) does everything for you.

Is this a specialized driver that the Dosemu project provides
Yes, and you don't need to care about launching
it - it is built-in.

Second, is there simple way to detect if a BAT file is running under Dosemu?
Dosemu have the set of helper commands.
You have to study these as they are providing
some very usefull functionality.
Use "isemu" command for detecting dosemu.
Though if your dosemu is not recent CVS, its
helper commands may lock up your machine if
started not under dosemu. If that's the problem,
you'll have to upgrade your dosemu and all its
commands from CVS.