Hallo,

I am working with a standard SuSE 6.4 version. ( 2.2.14 ) Through Yast, I
installed a Teles card and configured ISDN and also a Realtek PCI NE2000 clone,
with Richards and Lawson's help. ISDN and ethernet are performing excellent.

Just for training I am now compiling a 2.2.18 kernel. I configured .config and
asked for ISDN and Ethernet support, and I hope I did not mistakes there.
Compilation and everything runs well. However, when booting the new kernel, I
get messages like:
"Support for Teles 16.0 card not selected. Card Teles 16.0 not installed" and
"using /lib/modules/2.2.18/net/8390.0"
"using /lib/modules/2.2.18/net/ne2k-pci.0"
"/lib/modules/2.2.18/net/ne2k-pci.0: init_module:device or resource busy"
"eth0:unknown interface: no such device"

I thing, as I configured the ISDN and ethernet services in my SuSE 6.1
system through Yast and I load ne2k-pci through a little script via modprobe in
/init.d/rc3.d, like Richard suggested some months ago, perhaps the kernel
2.2.18 tryes to load something already beeing in use or the modproble script
tryes to load something which was already supported by the kernel. or so.
Anyhow, I dont know now how to proceed, withouth endangering my work-horse SuSE
6.1 with 2.2.14.

Can you help ?
Thanks again
Edgar