Marek Treiman wrote:

> Thanks, but I don't quite understand: how do I know that "...one linux
> partition (/boot) (will be) entirely reachable by the BIOS (cylinder as mapped
> by the BIOS <1024), and a primary partition)....?" What I thought I would do
> is simply first say f.inst. "format H:\", and then point the Linux installer
> to H:\. There is lot of space, each of the logical disks is 2GB. No messing
> with the partitions otherwise (no Partition Magic etc.). Will this work??!
> Marek

May I suggest that before you ask too many more questions here that you
obtain copies of basic HOWTOs that will aid in understanding the answers
that Lawson is providing. The specific HOWTOs that I believe you should
read are the Large-Disk-HOWTO (it will help in understanding the 1024
cylinder limit) and  the Partition HOWTO. Two other mini-HOWTOs, LILO
and Loadlin-Win95-98-ME, will also help in understanding answers to
specific questions you may ask later.

Ralph Gesler