Marco Calistri wrote:

> It could be a problem of your pppd config. or even,and more probably,
> a router filter config. where the DNS or NetBios queries are not
> blocked,so box 2 ask for DNS and router trigger the call to ISP.

I'm not using hardware routers. The only thing, that runs is IP_MASQ.
Additionally
all is working correct with m$ clients also attached to the same subnet.
What, especially,
is unclear to me is, why does he tries to build up connections without
any need to?
COuld it be that named is the suspect?

> This has been a problem I had with Zyxel Prestige Router series
> and you can stop by using Zyxel internal filtering rules.
I don't use these filtering rules...