hola amigos,

my computer answers incoming telephone calls ok but ppp won't startup once
the caller has logged in. i currently have a line in my
/etc/mgetty+fax/login.config like so:

/AutoPPP/ -    a_ppp   /usr/sbin/pppd auth

i also tried this without success:

/*/  -  a_ppp  /usr/sbin/pppd auth

1- what is the correct configuration of mgetty, so that as soon as a user
logs in succesfully, ppp starts up?

2- where can i get that file that comes with the kernel sources that
specifies what minimum versions of glibc, gcc etc i need for that
particular kernel without having to download the kernel sources to get it?

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

rick

ps the computer can dial out and connect just fine...no modem/ppp problems
there.

Donde esta Ricky? http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/track1.cgi?hr2kos-14