Hi,

Is it possible to timeout a connection using mgetty with AutoPPP, on a
global basis.

I'm looking to implement two time outs.

(1). Disconnect if no activity after xx minutes
(2). Disconnect connection after yy hours (Regardless of activity).

If it can't be done with mgetty, is there another way?

I've had a ready of the mgetty and ppp man pages and howto's, and also
the login nam page but can't see anything obvious. I also tried the idle
param as mentioned in the ppp man page, but pppd 2.3.11 spits the dummy
with it saying it is an unrecogised keyword (or something like that)...

Any ideas?

Phillip

--
Are you in business?