When I upgraded RH 7.0->7.1, I experienced a partial loss of
postscript functionality, although normal ASCII printing OK.

a) For example, emacs prints an ASCII file, but not when that file is
sent to PS printer buffer. Error: "Can't find (or open) initialization
file (kfvflib.ps)."

b) printtool prints the ASCII test page, but neither of the postscript
test pages. Data gets downloaded to printer, but nothing prints out.

Because of the missing or inaccessible, I upgraded to
ghostscript-5.50-17. But the same symptoms as above although the alert
about the missing file dissapeared. But,

1. Now get a new Error message. If I run:
   # gs AsciiTestFile
It returns the error:
   Error: /undefined in This.
Does this mean the ghostscript 5.50-17 is broken?

2. But the following command prints the ASCII document:
    # gs -OutputFile/|lpr AsciiTestFile

3. As originally, if I try
   # gs PostscriptTestFile.ps
Data is sent to printer, but nothing actually prints. Specifying
-sOutputFile/|lpr does not help.

--
    Haines Brown
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]