Hi, all!
Hi, Matthew!

The emacs we're talking about is afaik the *GNU emacs* that
Richard Stallman gave to the unix community long time ago.
There is actual a version called xemacs which one could consider
a *gui-editor* (or whatsoever).

But to be honest, I don't use either.
My editor-of-choice is vi and I'm not familliar with both, GNU emacs
and xemacs. Maybe smbdy else on this list can give you more advise on that.

Bye, Matthias

--
Matthias U. Eifert
65934 Frankfurt am Main