Greetings: Just installed Slack8.0 (2.2.19) on a fresh HD, restoring
backed up user files only from original working HD, that was Slack7.1
(2.2.16).  Simple setup using A AP and N groups only..

Everything working fine except one that baffles me:

Using Mutt and Metamail, default distribution packages, I can't save
a jpeg attachment to a file, in order to view it.. The report is:
"fopen: Permission denied (errno=13"

I checked and compared the file permissions on all the files I could
think of, plus checked for the libraries, and see no difference
between this machine and another similar machine that saves the files
correctly... I have some books on C but I can't find what errno 13
is.

I had the original senders re-send the attachments to two different
email addresses and the problem follows the above mentioned machine
only.. Have never experienced this before..

Any suggestions?  TIA..

    Hal - in Terra Alta, WV - Slackware GNU/Linux 8.0   (2.4.13)
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] | [EMAIL PROTECTED] A M$ free environment
.