Sridhar J (june end) wrote:

> Hello
>
> When I compile a C program using gcc, I get an a.out file. But when I type
> a.out, the error is "No such command"
>
> How do I execute the file?
>
> Regards
> Sridhar
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-newbie" in
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.linux-learn.org/faqs

Well what kind of file are you tring to compile? most of the time if you are
tring to compile a single source file it will be named program.c to compile it
do this
gcc program.c -o program
it tells gcc to compile program.c and that the output should be called program
which will be the binary version of that file. See how that works out for ya.