You wouldn't. At least I wouldn't. As I said in my original answer:

"I am assuming that this is just an example, and you would want to do more
than just list the file name."

I was simply trying to answer the question why the command was not working as
expected and provide additional information on the use of find -exec. Mike
was trying to explain why the find -exec is not always the best solution. I
don't think either of us would use either of these just to list the file
names.

Actually, I often use ls -lR or just ls -R and pipe to grep looking for files.
I don't think either way is intrinsically "better" (at least not in an
absolute sense).

Regards,

jimmo
--

"Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your