From your report, it is difficult to know what is really happening. I
would **guess**, though, that fonts are not your real problem.

What are the basics of your hardware? Especially, how much RAM does your
system have, and how big is your swap partition? Please remember that I am
only guessing here, but I noted your comment that "HDD light is working
(lighting for some time)". This makes me wonder if the system is trying to
use the swap partition and running into trouble (or perhaps just getting
VERY slow -- how long do you wait for the system to recover before
rebooting?). Browsers tend to be memory hogs, so you might see this
behavior only when running one.

If that is not it ... what are the last few things the logs contain prior
to a reboot out of this failure?

At 08:00 PM 8/3/02 +0200, Korosi Akos wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I posted a mail not very long ago about my xfs problem.
>Unfortunately nobody answered about this problem.
>
>In the meantime I tried to search for a solution, but with no success.
>
>I try to write down here everything that I know about this porblem:
[details deleted]