Originally to: Phillip Morgan

Hello Phillip.

12 Jul 02 16:40, you wrote to all:

 PM> I tried to telnet to port 21 and found that works, but telnet'ing to
 PM> port 20 (ftp-data), fails (connection refused).

fix with using passive ftp, only non passive ftp use port 20

and dont use host.* use proftpd.conf, man proftpd.conf find limith

and make AllowStoreRestart on to enable resume upload, and have AllowStoreRestart off
in your anon ftp config

ask if you still need help

 PM> So why would a connect to port 20 be refused?

ask your isp :-)

Benny

<-> Gateway Information.
This message originated from a Fidonet System (http://www.fidonet.org)
and was gated at TCOB1 (http://www.tcob1.net)
Please do not respond direct to this message but via the list