There are many different ways to approach backup schemes. I want to put
in a 120gb Hard Drive in my Linux Server and then use it as a backup
server. I have about 15 various windows workstations that I want to be
able to backup there Documents and mail folders (mostly windows 98
machines with a handful of windows XP Pro machines). I also have 1 XP
Pro machines that has 30gb of data that I want to  have an exact mirror
of on my Linux machine. This way if something goes wrong or is missing I
will have an immediate restore with out any waiting at all the mirror
only needs to be made current once a day. I also will have 1 Unix Server
that I will need a backup of. With the UNIX machine it is absolutely
necessary for me to have the backups maintain permissions and
ownerships. I am not sure about the space on the UNIX machine. It is
given in blocks and I don't really understand how blocks translate into
MB's if someone could explain I would be most appreciative.

df from OpenServer Machine
--------------------------
/         (/dev/root        ): 38308358 blocks  8622446 i-nodes
/stand    (/dev/boot        ):     9352 blocks     3824 i-nodes

I realize that there are many ways I could do this. So I am not asking
for step by step instructions. I am just wondering what programs you
might use if you needed similar backups. How would some of you veteran
Linux guys go about this problem.

I am using my Linux server as a Hylafax Fax server. I want to also use
it as the backup server. I also intend to use it as a mail server. I
want it to attach to my ISP (not on demand it is a constant DSL
connection) and retrieve all of my companies email. I then want to be
able to have my workstations attach to the server via network or remote
dial up and get there mail via IMAP. I am not asking for help on this
(yet) but I thought I would let you know what I want the server to be
able to do. So my second question is should I get a second server or can
this one machine handle all of this.

Server Information / User Base
------------------------------
This server will only be backing up / email for 15-20 people.
OS                              :       RedHat 7.3 / 2.4.18-3
CPU                             :       Intel Pent III 1133MHz
MEM                             :       256 Mb

Paul Kraus
Network Administrator
PEL Supply Company
216.267.5775 Voice