On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Gavin Laking wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:10:31 -0400
> "Paul Kraus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > What is kde like. I always just install gnome with Xwindows. I even
> > select Xwindows classic what is it and why are there two.
>
> KDE is another window manager for Linux. What Linux users tend to do
> when they are inquisitive about things, is to try it out, to experiment,
> and nothing is stopping you from doing so. If you are reluctant to
> installing KDE on a test machine, why not do a Google search for one of
> the thousands of KDE related websites- you'll find out more on those
> than we could ever imagine to cover here.

Or you could download and burn the Knoppix ISO, which is a really neat
(Debian based) distro that runs from CD - doesn't install anything but
will automagically recognize and use any Linux swap partition on your
machine. It has KDE (3.0) as the default (only?) desktop - plus a whole
lot of other neat utilities you can try. Highly recommended! Does a great
job of hardware PnP, too. Try it! You'll like it!

James