On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, pa3gcu wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 October 2002 12:03, Kevin Curtis wrote:
> > Hi,
> >     I hope this question is not too technical.  When an oops message is
> > generated and decoded with ksymoops, how do I get an assembler listing of
> > the module that caused the problem so I can see where in my program the
> > error occurred.  The ksymoops output seems to be bytes of code offset from
> > the start of a function.  Do I use a switch in my makefile?  Will the

Yes.  The gcc flag to get an assembly listing is -Wa,-a
so you could put that in your makefile, if you like.  That causes gcc to
pass the option -a to the assembler.

> > listing have offsets in it from the start of the module or the start of
> > each function?  Is there any correlation to line numbers in the original .c
> > file?

The start of each function.  If the C was compiled with the -g option,
source line numbers are - in fact the entire source is - available to
gdb or any other runtime debugger.

--
---oops---