Dear All,

I have two questions, both closely related.

First, when a job started rc.local, under which user is the job called?
(I might be asking which user owns the job, but I don't know if that's
the same thing).

Second, is there any way to specify under which user a job is started
when it is called from within rc.local?

If you are confused about what I am asking, here is what I am going for:
I want to start the VNC server at startup.  I prefer to call it from
rc.local, because I know how to do that.  I don't want the server
started as root, though, because then when I log in remotely through
VNC, I will be the root user.  That just doesn't sit right with me.
What I would prefer to do is start the server as a less privileged user,
again as the computer starts up.

Thanks for the help,
Christopher Swope