On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Paul Kraus wrote:

> Have written some scripts that perform network backups. However I am
> only able to run them as root. How can give mount permissions to another
> user.

Just a side note, have you seen smbtar?  Might be easier than mounting a
directory and copying it, and then unmounting it.

mdresser@monitor:~$ smbmount //mike/c test
Password:
mdresser@monitor:~$ df /home/mdresser/test
//mike/c              15498752   7959040   7539712  52% /home/mdresser/test

Not sure where you're having trouble.  Can you as a user write to mount
point?

Mike