> Joseph -- I think you may have gotten this list
> mixed up with some other list that you subscribe
> to. This list (linux-newbie) is a list for Linux
> beginners to ask general questions on, NOT a list
> for Linux kernel questions (at least, not exclusively).

Yeah, but Dave CC'ed that list too.

> While I don't know Mandrake so cannot myself answer
> Dave's original question, it is hardly inappropriate
> for a beginner's list.

That's just my point.  His question is about a specific distribution of
Linux -- Mandrake.  That's too specific for this list.  I'm not saying it's
inappropriate; I'm just saying he'd get a better response from a list
specifically designed for Mandrake Linux, rather than posting to a general
Linux list.

Joseph Wagner