At 02:15 PM 12/19/02 -0500, Jamie Risk wrote:
[...]
> "X client"? X is a server; client applications use it. And I'm assuming
> below that "windows" refers to some version of Microsoft Windows.

ummm, I've been fiddling with XWin32, which I thought was X windows
manager that operated as a "client" logging into my Linux X-Windows
"server".
I'm unfamiliar with that product, but a quick search found its home Web site at http://www.xwin32.dk/, and the docs there refer to it as a "PC X server". So I assume it is a fairly conventional implementation of X for Windows (there have been many over the years). With no details provided, it is not apparent why it is not working for you ... but to the extent that the problems are on the Windows end, this list is not likely to be a good place to work those out.

Another option you might want to consider is VNC. To use it, you run a server on the remote machine (in this case, the Linux host) and a client on the local workstation (in this case, the WinXX host). Your Linux distro probably have both vncserver and vncclient packages, and the usual sorts of searches will lead you to the Windows app.