Hi all,

I have a /dev/cdrom pointing to /dev/sr1 since I had /dev/hdd to ide-scsi. I can listen to audio cds through /dev/cdrom using the Gnome CD Player but while doing:
pdestroy@localhost:/mnt/old/audiowrite$ cdparanoia -vsQ
cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)
(C) 2001 Monty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

Checking /dev/cdrom for cdrom...
Testing /dev/cdrom for cooked ioctl() interface
/dev/sr1 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
Testing /dev/cdrom for SCSI interface
No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device /dev/sr1

Any ideas?

Best regards,
--
Paulo J. Matos : pocm(_at_)mega.ist.utl.pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon WISHING YOU A MERRY