Hi,

I'm an embedded software developer and as such I often find that I'm
programming software that consists largely of state machines, intertwined,
orthogonal or a mixture of both. Not a big deal to implement a state machine
from hand drawn paper state diagrams, but it's a little tedious setting up
the framework.

Does anyone know of FREE software that would aid in this development? Or who
I should be asking?

Something akin to the software described here
http://www.iar.com/Products/VS. Platform is not an issue, though Unix is
prefered, and output should be C.

I'd rather avoid designing mine own tools, especially if some has done so
before me.

- Jamie