Hi,
In my web server, when I run a stress test with many clients, after a long time I
suddenly get an error on the accept system call and the error is "Too many open files".

When I do a socklist (or netstat), I see that there are only 400 sockets open (and I
have 400 clients, so that is correct).

However when I "cat /proc/PID/fd" I see 1024 files.  I think accept failed because of
this.  My web server is as simple as possible (it just serves up a static string
compiled in with the server).  I know I am closing the sockets... what else could I be
doing wrong?

Has anyone seen something similar to this before?

Thanks
Lee