On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Matthew Stapleton wrote:

> Is there a way to convert from TeX to the MSWord DOC format?  The reason
> I want to know is as follows.  I am a student who is wanting to start
> writing all his papers in TeX.  However, I sometimes submit papers for
> publication and-or for classes, both of which require usually the MSWord
> format.

Hey, another person who sounds like they know word processing better than
computer programming! (not intended negatively)  I was beginning to think
I was the only one on this list :)  I don't use TeX or LaTeX or LyX, but
I've looked into them.  I thought I recalled some capacity for
saving/converting to .doc, but a cursory review indicates to me that there
is none.  I did note on the web an experimental convertor someone has come
out with though.  Maybe that would work for you?  Just do a Google search
under "tex2doc" and you'll find leads to it.  If you find something more
applicable, please post about it: I'd be interested to know, since I do
alot of file converting myself.

James