Originally to: Christopher Swope

Hello Christopher.

21 Aug 03 22:49, you wrote to all:

CS|> If the settings are any of the following, the drives are not
CS|> recognized at all.  (These results are not surprising).
CS|>     Primary -- Master w/ Slave present
CS|>     Secondary -- Cable Select

CS|>     Primary -- Master w/ Slave Present
CS|>     Secondary -- Master

CS|>     Primary -- Anything other than "Master (Single Drive)"
CS|>     Secondary -- Not installed

CS|> If the settings are any of the following, I get the behavior I
CS|> described earlier.
CS|>     Primary -- Cable Select
CS|>     Secondary -- Slave

CS|>     Primary -- Master w/ Slave Present
CS|>     Secondary -- Slave

CS|>     Primary -- Master (Single Drive)
CS|>     Secondary -- Slave

CS|> Now, my line of thinking is as follows.

CS|> If the second drive is not installed at all, the computer boots
CS|> normally.  This would indicate the problem stems from connecting the
CS|> second drive.

I just jumped into this thread.  But what you say hear makes me think that the
drives are not compatible.  While rarer these days, I recall the days when
certain drives just would not function together regardless of what you did.

Perhaps the older 4G drive just will not work with the new drive?  It seems to
be possible.

Will the 80G drive function alone?

What are the makes?  Sorry if you already answered this.  I just caught the
thread at this point.

Robert