>  The way of compile the 2.6 kernel is radically changed. Now
> you only must do:
>
> .../linux-2.6.0-test9 # make
> .../linux-2.6.0-test9 # make modules_install

Ok, No problems at this point...
(I now compiled reiserfs into the Kernel, not as a module)

>   Another point about it is that now you need another tool,
> different than modutils...The new tool is named module-init-tools,
> you can search about it with Google.

Installed Version 0.9.14:
        ./configure --prefix=/
        make
        make install
(Description from LinuxFromScratch)

Now I rebooted and after that nearly everything did not work.
I think the cause are these lines (from /var/log/boot.msg) :
        Inspecting /boot/System.map-2.6.0-test9
        Loaded 25114 symbols from /boot/System.map-2.6.0-test9.
        Symbols match kernel version 2.6.0.
        No module symbols loaded - kernel modules not enabled.

What does that mean?
(This Problem happened to me some time ago with linux-2.5.x (see the
archives..), but nobody could help me.)

Dennis