If anyone else cares, I found where to change this. In the mozilla browser goto "about:config" and change "mail.quoted_graphical" from true to false.

Conway S. Smith

Beolach wrote:
I recently switched from using Juno Webmail (crap, but I had it forever, which is why I kept it... vicious circle) to using Mozilla Mail with this address. Mostly I really like it, but there's one thing I personally find annoying, and it seems like something I should be able to change, but I can't find where.

When I read a message with a replied to (or forwarded) message that has lines starting with the greater than symbol ">" to indicate a previous message, Mozilla mail doesn't display the ">" symbol, but instead puts in a vertical line along all the lines from the previous message that start with the ">". This is really trivial and unimportant, but for some reason it irks me to no end. I would much rather have my mail in plain text with ">" symbols rather than the line. It seems like something that should be an option in preferences, but I can't find it. Does anybody know if/where this can be changed?

Again, I know this is totally trivial, but its the one thing I would like changed.

TIA,
Conway S. Smith