At 11:34 PM 1/27/2004 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Michael Scondo wrote:

> Hi to all,
> I'm running a mixed Debian Woody, with a few backports and libc6 2.3.1-16.
> Now I would like to upgrade to libc6 2.3.2.ds1-10.
> Anything runs fine - until I try to compile a program :

Sorry I missed this the first time through. Let me ask the basic question: when you upgraded libc6, did you also upgrade libc6-dev (the .deb with the header files) to match?

I run Sid here, so offhand I do not know what libc6 is "current" for Woody ... so I can't deduce from what you posted if you did your libc6 upgrade through Debian package management or if it is part of what makes this what you call a "mixed" system.

[...]
> cpp -o hallo hallo.cpp
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/prog/test/t2$ ./hallo
> bash: ./hallo: Permission denied
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/prog/test/t2$ chmod a+x ./hallo
[remainder deleted]

This part is just a plain mistake --- cpp does not yield executable code; it is just a preprocessor tha outputs source. The errors you got occur because the system is trying to process the text as a seris of shell commands.

You want to use gcc to compile and link C code, as you did later (omitted here). The error from that is probably a header mismatch.