I have posted my problem here recently and many people have tried to help me. Thanks! But the problem remains. I have a theory I would appreciate your opinion on.

I can not get my Mozilla 1.6 to recognize the Java Plugin X-JAVA-VM. It auto installs from the Netscape Plugin page and says it successful. I can see it on my machine, but I can't seem to put it where Mozilla wants it.

For some reason (Newbie issue probably) I have Mozilla in a directory called /mozilla and a .mozilla directory. When I look at the Bookmarks file, I see that the date in the .mozilla directory is the most recent. So, I'm assuming that I'm using the Mozilla in the .mozilla directory. Is that normal? Or, have I messed up the install of Mozilla and that's why the plugins won't work properly?

Would I be smart to take Mozilla off my machine (saving my Inbox, Bookmarks, etc.) and then reinstall? The reason I ask, is that my nephew helped me set this up last December and he was surprised that Mozilla installed to the Root.

My Mozilla functions fine in all other regards, but I just can't add plugins. With the about:plugins in command, I do see that two plugins are installed;

application/x-shockwave-flash   Shockwave Flash         swf     Yes
application/futuresplash        FutureSplash Player     spl     Yes

Any ideas?

Dave
--

SuSE Linux 2.4.21-166-Athlon